Ian and I just had our wedding and that is why I haven’t got time to update my blog recently. Now everything is back to normal and hopefully I will have time to work on my blog more regularly.
As for my wedding, it was a perfect day. Everything went so well. Hopefully I will have photos soon to upload. I was so happy that my parents flew all the way from China to attend our wedding. It was their first trip to Australia. Ian and I did our best to show them around. In the end, they really love Canberra, which is beautiful garden city with pretty autumn colours at the moment.
Today’s recipe is the famous Chinese lettuce bowl. Basically, all you need to do is a little stir fry and then serve on a piece of lettuce leave. It is a great party food, people could just help themselves.
pork (400 g, diced), garlic shoots (300g, diced), celery (half, diced), canola oil (3 tablespoon), salt, pepper, fresh red chilli for garnish.
pork marinade: minced garlic (1 clove), minced ginger (same size of 1 clove garlic), 1 green onion chopped, white pepper (a pinch), chilly powder (a pinch), corn flour (1 table spoon), soy sauce (1 table spoon), beer (1 table spoon).
What to do:
- Mix all ingredients of pork marinade in a mixing bowl. Add diced pork, mix well and leave it in the fridge to marinade for at least half an hour. Remix it again before cooking.
- In a none stick frying pan, heat 2 tablespoon of canola oil at high heat. Add the marinated pork and cook until all the diced pork change colour. Take off from the heat and transfer into a container, set aside. They are diced into small pieces, so it doesn’t take long to cook.
- In the same frying pan, heat the rest of canola oil at medium heat. Add diced celery first, fry for 1-2 minutes. Add diced garlic shoot . Stir fry for another 3-4 minutes until garlic shoots are cooked (no longer spicy but still crunchy).
- Add cooked pork, mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with sliced fresh red chilli and serve with lettuce leaves.