This is one of my favourite pasta recipe of all times. It is simple, delicious and good looking.
Casarecce (250 g), bacon (2 slices, about 100 g), 6 of sliced button mushroom, sliced snow peas (80 g), 1 can of tomato, 1/2 cup of kalamata olive, red capsicum (1), capers (1 tablespoon), shaved cheddar cheese, chilli powder (1/4 teaspoon), salt and pepper.
What to do:
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. Add casarecce and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, into a frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bacon first and cook until crispy, set aside.
- In the same pan, use the bacon fat to cook capsicum at low heat until they are soft and sweet. Transfer them into a container, set aside.
- In the same pan, add canned tomato, kalamata olives, cappers, chilli powder, sliced mushrooms and cooked bacon, simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add snow peas, cooked pasta and red capsicum, toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with shaved cheddar cheese.