It is not that easy to make a carbonara sauce. The egg is easily turned into scrambled egg. Today’s carbonara sauce is not the best I have ever made. I will try again in the future, hopefully it will come out better.
Ingredients: (serve 1)
spaghetti (120 g), bacon (1 strip), mushroom (5), egg (1), grated cheddar cheese (1 cup) and parsley for garnish.
What to do:
- Place a small pot of salted water onto boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- In the mean time, slice bacon and mushroom.
- Into a small frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bacon strips and cook until crispy. Then add mushrooms and sauté until they are soften.
- Combine spaghetti, sautéd bacon & mushroom, egg, cheese in a low heat to have a smooth sauce coated all over the pasta.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Carbonara usually use egg yolk, but I don’t known what to do with leftover egg white. So I just use a whole egg, Ian seems fine with it. I guess he is not that picky.
- It is better to make carbonara when pasta is still hot, but try to combine everything in a cool pot, so the egg won’t be scrambled. If the sauce is running, try to heat everything at low heat and stir until the sauce is smooth and creamy.