This probably is the best garlic bread I have ever made. The house was filled with its aroma. Yum!
half loaf of baguette, 1 table spoon of margarine, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1 teaspoon of dried parsley.
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Use a bread knife to cut the baguette into rectangular slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine margarine, minced garlic, dried oregano and parsley together.
- Spread the above margarine mixture onto each piece of bread.
- Bake until the bread turn golden and toasty.
A lazy Saturday morning, cinnamon pancakes are perfect for this raining day. Sugary food always brings happiness to me.
Ingredients: (makes 18 pancakes)
self-raising flour (200 g), caster sugar (100 g), ground cinnamon (1 tea spoon), 2 eggs, milk (200 mL), honey, fresh fruit, yoghurt.
What to do:
- Mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl, add eggs and milk and whisk until smooth.
- In a large none stick frying pan, heat canola oil at low heat. Add pancake mixture to form about 3 inch circle. Cook each pancake for about 1 minute, until it starts to bubble on the top and looks set, then flip it over and cook the other side for about 1 minute, or until cooked through. Repeat the process until all of the pancake mixture has been used up.
- Serve with honey, fresh fruit and yoghurt.
- It is important to use low heat because the pancake mixture has sugar in it and it is easy to burn.
- We run out of yoghurt today, so I served with frozen yoghurt. It seemed not too bad.
This simple delicious recipe only takes 10 minutes to make.
Frankfurt, bread roll, sauerkraut (optional), tomato sauce, mayonnaise, dijonaise (or mustard).
- Heat up frankfurt sausages in very hot water (not boiling water) for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the bread roll in the middle, stuff in sauerkraut.
- Put one frankfurt on top of sauerkraut, top up with tomato sauce, mayonnaise, dijonaise.
- Ready to go.