Pappardelle is a kind of wide and thick pasta and it goes very well with something flavourful and rich. The pasta was coated with rich taste of the sauce, yet the texture and flavour of the pasta come through underneath. It is now on the top of my favourite ingredients list.
Pappardelle pasta (250 g), olive oil (3 tablespoon), chorizo (2, sliced), prawn cutlet (a dozen), baby octopus (a dozen), spinach (1 bunch, chopped), brown onion (1, chopped), garlic (2 cloves, minced), chilli flakes (1/4 teaspoon), Italian whole tomato (1 can), parsley, salt and pepper.
What to do:
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, into a frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat, cook sliced chorizo until browned.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli flake, cook until fragrant. Stir in canned tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add prawn cutlet and baby octopus, turn off the heat as soon as the seafood is cooked. (Note: I used frozen seafood, and they were added in the sauce while they were still frozen. So it took longer to cook them and is easier to not overcook them).
- Add chopped spinach and cooked pasta into the sauce, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve fresh parsley.