Finally, it is the weekend. I was in Sydney pretty much the whole week. My work seems to get busier and busier. I am feeling burnt out. This weekend no work, just relax and do some cooking. It is good to recharge with some sleep and yummy food.
Short grain rice (2 cups), Chorizo (2, about 200 g, sliced), prawns cutlets (a dozen), baby octopus (a dozen), chicken drumsticks (half dozen), Spanish onion (1), red capsicum (1, chopped), garlic (4 cloves, minced), canned whole tomato (1 can), smoky paprika (2 tablespoon), saffron (2 pinches), fresh coriander (1/4 cup, chopped), water (4 cups), olive oil (1/4 cup).
What to do:
- Marinate the Saffron 1 / 2 cup of water.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken drumsticks and slices of Chorizo, and then add Spanish onion, red capsicum and garlic. Saute until the veggies starts to caramelise.
- Add rice and smoky paprika, and fry for a minute.
- Add canned tomato and cook for 1-2 minute.
- Add water and saffron with the water (you may adjust the amount of water to make sure everything is submerged), bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat, cook until chicken is cooked. Add seafood, cover with a lid and cook until seafood is cooked but tender (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve with chopped fresh coriander.