Tofu is made from soy bean milk and itself doesn’t have much taste. People from Sichuan have done a good job cooking it. I like it spicy and the tofu was infused with delicious flavours.
tofu (200 g), beef mince (50 g), garlic (3 cloves), ginger (a thumb size piece), spring onion (1), sichuan spicy soy bean paste (2 tablespoons), canola oil (4 tablespoons), sichuan pepper powder (1 tablespoons), chilli powder (2 teaspoons), soy sauce (1 tablespoon), sugar (1 teaspoon), corn flour (1 teaspoon).
What to do:
- Dice tofu into cubes. (I prefer tofu with medium firm texture over silky tofu. You can use silky tofu)
- Place garlic, ginger, spring onion, sichuan spicy soy bean paste, sichuan pepper powder, chilli powder, sugar, soy sauce in a blender and blend them to make a paste.
- Fry beef mince in a medium pot, add the above paste and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tofu and a cup of water. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Suspend corn flour in 1 tablespoon of water, then add the corn flour water into the pot, which is cooking the tofu.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes over high heat.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve with rice.