I had an avocado need to be used and I can’t think of what to do with it. Ian on the other hand really wanted carbonara pasta. So he proposed to put avocado in the carbonara sauce. That could be interesting. So this is Ian’s invention.
Ingredients: (serve 2)
spaghetti (250 g), avocado (1), bacon (2 strips), mushroom (5), eggs (2), grated cheddar cheese (1 and 1/2 cup) and parsley for garnish.
What to do:
- Place a small pot of salted water onto boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- In the mean time, slice bacon and mushroom.
- Into a small frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bacon strips and cook until crispy. Then add mushrooms and sauté until they are soften.
- In a food processor, add avocado and eggs and blend until it is smooth.
- Combine spaghetti, sautéd bacon & mushroom, avocado & egg sauce, cheese in a low heat to have a smooth sauce coated all over the pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and grated cheese.