It is not a Chinese traditional recipe. However, the spirit of Chinese New Year celebration is to bring something traditional and something new and creative on the table.
eggplants (2), tomatoes (4), green capsicum (1), shallot (3), garlic (3 cloves), olive oil (4 table spoon), salt and pepper.
What to do:
- Preheat conventional oven to 200°C (fan-forced 180°C ).
- Cut eggplants in half lengthways. Using a spoon, scoop flesh from the eggplant halves, leaving a 1 cm border.
- Finely chop flesh of eggplant, tomatoes, capsicum, shallot and garlic, and mix them in a container, season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the above mixture in eggplant shells and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for an hour and half, or until the stuffed eggplant is caramelized.