Bolognese is comfort food for Ian. Whenever he is sick, the only food he has an appetite for is a bowl of bolognese. Easy to take care of.
Rigatoni (500 g), extra lean beef mince (250 g), 1 brown onion, 1 red capsicum, kalamata olive (1 cup), sun dried tomato strips (1/2 cup), 1 jar of Raguletto red wine pasta sauce* (500 g), dried oregano (2 teaspoons), cooking red wine (1/4 cup), cheddar cheese, white pepper, salt, chopped fresh parsley.
What to do:
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. Add rigatoni and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, dice onion and capsicum.
- Into a frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until they become translucent. Then add beef mince and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cooking wine and Raguletto red wine pasta sauce*, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add dried oregano, kalamata olive and sun dried tomato strips. Reduce the heat and cook until the sauce is thicken. Finally add diced capsicum and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chopped parsley and grated cheddar cheese.
Note: * Raguletto red wine pasta sauce is a tomato based pasta sauce made by an Australian company. If your local grocery doesn’t sale it. Just replace it with your favourite brand pasta sauce.