This is a pasta I always order from the little Italian restaurant close to where we live. I really like its lemony flavor. Today I decided to make it on my own and I added char grilled lemon to give it a fancier look.
spaghetti (250 g), baby calamari (half dozen), Spanish onion (1), lemon (2), olive oil, parsley, cracked black pepper, salt.
What to do:
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, dice Spanish onion and slice calamari into thick tubes.
- Slice one of the lemon into three slices. Grill sliced lemon until both sides is nicely browned.
- Into a frying pan heat generous amount of olive oil over medium heat, add chopped Spanish onion and cook until caramelized. Add calamari and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add juice of one lemon and zest of one lemon.
- Add spaghetti and toss everything together.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and grilled lemon.