Flat bread dough is much faster and easier than traditional dough. You don’t need yeast, so no waiting time. You will need greek yoghurt, self raising flour and soda water.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
pizza dough: self raising flour (2 cups), greek yoghurt (1/2 cup) and soda water (1/2 cup)
pizza sauce: tomato paste (2/3 cup), sugar (a pinch), garlic (1 clove), thyme (4 sprigs), chives (6 sprigs), parsley (1 sprig) and oregano ( about 10 sprigs)
Pizza topping: prosciutto, cherry tomato, Spanish onion, camembert cheese, fresh basil for garnish
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- To make pizza dough: Use a bread knife to combine self raising flour, greek yoghurt, and soda water in a container. Stop mixing as soon as there is no more dry flour and it is important to not over work the dough.
- Turn out half of the dough onto a floured workbench and knead lightly until combined. Press the dough with your hands to a thickness of about 2cm. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a thin pizza base.
- Place the newly made pizza base on a pizza stone ( or a pizza tray).
- To make a pizza sauce: put all the ingredients for pizza sauce in a small food process and blend until everything is chopped and well combined.
- Spread the above pizza sauce onto the pizza base and top up with toppings.
- Bake until it is cooked. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Repeat step 3 – 7 to make another one.
Note: You can put prosciutto on the pizza at the last 2-3 minutes of pizza cooking time.