I like my rice noodle straight spicy. If you like the popular sweet and spicy taste, add some sweet chilli. The key for all stir fry is to cook in small batches, otherwise you end up with a stew.
To cook rice noodle, either store bought fresh one or the dry ones, you don’t boil them, you soak them in hot water.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
Fresh rice noodle (250 g), canola oil (3 table spoons), prawn cutlet (10), bean sprout (1 cup), oyster mushrooms (70 g), Spanish onion (half), baby bok choy (8), spring onion (1), garlic (2 cloves), ginger (a size same as 2 cloves of garlic), fresh chilli (half), coriander (for garnish), soy sauce (2 tablespoon) and pepper.
What to do:
- In a medium size pot, add water and bring to boil.Turn off the heat, add rice noodle and soak for 10 minutes or until rice noodle is soft and chewy. Drain and run through with cold water.
- Slice garlic, ginger, spring onion, baby bok choy, Spanish onion and fresh chilli. Break oyster mushroom into small pieces.
- Divide all the ingredients into two portions. Stir fry them separately.
- To stir fry, into a frying pan heat canola oil over high heat. Add garlic, ginger and spring onion, stir fry until aroma comes out. Add prawn cutlet, Spanish onion and oyster mushroom, stir fry to 1-2 minutes, then add baby bok choy, bean sprout, rice noodle, soy sauce and pepper, stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander, serve while warm.
- You can add more or less chilli according to your own taste.
- Soy sauce contains a lot of salt, so don’t need to add extra salt. However, every brand of soy sauce is different, you readjust the saltiness with some salt according to your own taste. Or some water if it is too salty.