Here is another fabulous recipe, inspired by a recipe I found in a cookbook. It will guarantee to have a wow effect next time you have some guests over.
2 tomatoes, 12 prawn cutlets, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped parsley, 1 table spoon of balsamic vinegar, sugar, corn flour in 1 table spoon of water, white pepper, salt.
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Cut each of the tomato into 3 slices and place in a baking tray. Season with white pepper and salt, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until cook through but still firm.
- In the mean time, into a frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add prawn cutlets, saute until pink and firm. Season with salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- To make a sauce, heat olive oil in a small sauce pan. Add minced garlic and cook until garlic aroma comes out. Stir in 1 table spoon of balsamic vinegar. Add pinch of sugar and thicken up the sauce with the corn flour water.
- To assemble the dish, place two prawn cutlets on top of one piece of oven baked tomato. Drizzle with the sauce and serve while it is warm.
Prawn cutlets are very easy to be over cooked. Here is my trick, I usually buy frozen seafood because they are much cheaper. When I cook them I often cook them straight out of freezer. It takes a little bit longer to cook compare to fresh prawns. That little bit of extra time is just what I need and they usually turn out to be perfect.