This is one of my favourite pasta recipe of all times. It is simple, delicious and good looking.
spaghetti (250 g), bacon (2 slices, about 100 g), 6 of sliced button mushroom, 1 can of tomato, 1/2 cup of sliced kalamata olive, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, minced garlic, shaved cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
What to do:
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, into a frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bacon first and cook until crispy. Then add mushroom and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in canned tomato, sliced kalamata olives. Cook until heated through.
- Add basil, parsley and garlic, cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add drained spaghetti into the sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve with shaved cheddar cheese. (To get the fabulous looking cheese curl, use a peeler to shave the cheese.)